Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Albertos' Hometown

See slideshow

Where I Grew Up
Penjamo is small city where I grew up, and it is located in the south center of Mexico. In my neighborhood, there were large, old pine trees and green, lawns surrounded by hills covered in green trees. The street was noisy with the sounds of birds singing and a lot cars passing every day. During the cold, winters, most people stayed inside, and outside you could smell wood and pork in fireplaces and see smoke coming from everywhere. In the summer, you could see people walking in the central garden and smell cut fresh flowers, grass and see birds flying from tree to tree in the daytime. My hometown made me feel secure and comfortable because I could speak my own language. It has been eight years since I’ve gone to my hometown. There are a lot changes. Now there are more people, more traffic, and touristic sites. I feel sad when I think about the place where I grew up because I have my half of my heart there. However my new home is with my own little family my wife and two beautiful daughters here in Oceanside, California, so my other half is here with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment