Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Honorina's Hometown

Remembering the Place Where I Grew Up
Ocotlan city is the small sized town where I grew up and it is located in the southeast of Oaxaca, Mexico. When I lived there, I saw people sweeping every Sunday and the women making tortillas by hand. There were the mayor’s houses. Nature was grass, apple trees, and orange trees. There were peanuts everywhere and a water park in my hometown. I could smell orange flowers and fresh bread. I heard dogs barking, birds singing, and roosters crowing every morning. Two years ago I visited there for Christmas vacation. Now it is very different. There are more cars, more houses, and more construction. My hometown made me feel happy because all my family was there and I could speak my own language, but it was difficult to get a good job. Now I feel excited and sometimes nervous when I think about my hometown. I miss my friends, parents, and family who are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment