Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brigida's Hometown










My hometown
I grew up in a small town in Oaxaca, México, called Santa Gertrud is. Santa gertrudis is located in the South part of Oaxaca. Making tortillas, feeding the animals, and helping out my parents around the house were some activities I did everyday in the morning I saw neighbors and friends up very early to go work on their crops and to feed their animals. Every morning I heard the rooster crowing, the cows mooing, and the dogs barking. I would see mountains, rivers, fruit trees, and many animals on my way work with my dad in the fields. Everywhere throughout the town you could smell the delicious food from each house, the small of dew, and the smell of fruit, from the fruit trees. Being my hometown made me feel happy as well as sad, because I was with family, could speak my own language, but at the same time, it was difficult to get a job there. Visited Oaxaca last year and try to visit every two years. Now Santa Gertrud is has changed in many ways, there are more roadways, better buildings, and less people. I am home sick, but one day I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment