Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Maria Z.'s Hometown













Where I grow up
Mexicali, Baja California is the large city of Mexico where I grow up. It is located in the south of Mexico. In my neighborhood there were deserts, mountains, lakes, park, a volcano, and churches. There were the sounds of horses, dogs, cats, rooster and children. You could smell fresh milk, fresh bread and fresh rain. I could speak my own language. It has been 33 years ago since I lived in my hometown. I have noticed some changes. For example, there are more schools, new houses, streets, buildings, and other border crossing, more traffic, and more families. When I remember my country, I feel sad because I can’t go there. I miss my friends and my family, but it was difficult for me to have a good life there.

No comments:

Post a Comment