Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pancho's Hometown

Remembering the Place Where I Grew Up
Ensenada was the small place where I grew up in Mexico. In my yard there were many different things like toys and cars everywhere. The only thing that was rough was that the streets were made just of sand. There were lots of snakes, lizards, and many weird things on the ground that were very poisonous. In the fall lots of families were outside celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving. In December it’s very cold but lots of people get out and celebrate a holiday for the Virgin Mary, who is very important to all Mexicans. My hometown was so free that you could do whatever you wanted and you would not get in trouble with anyone. You could go to parties, clubs, or just hang out outside. The only thing was that you had to be very careful because there were many people that were bad and would hurt you. That was why you always had to be safe in whatever you did. I haven’t gotten to visit in a long while, but I think it looks better than what it used to look like. At least I have half my family here with me and they care about me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment