Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Irene's Hometown







The Place Where I Grew up
Minatitlan, Veracruz is a small city where I grew up, and it is located in the south of Mexico. In my neighborhood, there were children playing, women gossiping, people working and not to many houses, but many fruit trees. There were the sounds of dogs barking, church bells and birds singing. In my hometown I could smell fresh bread, in the morning a fresh breeze, and wet soil when it was raining. My hometown makes me feel happy and comfortable because I was with all my family and we helped each other. It has been long a time since I lived in my hometown. I think that my hometown has changed a lot. For example, there are more people, more cars, more industries, more houses, and better infrastructure. Now when I think about the place where I grew up, I feel bitter sweet and nostalgic because I miss my family and my heart is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment